- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 chicken wings, separated with tips removed
- 6 cups canola oil, for deep-frying
- 7 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together flour, paprika, cayenne, 0.5 tsp salt and 0.5 tsp black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken wings, toss well to coat, and then cover and chill for 1 hour.
2. After chilling, remove the wings from the fridge after chilling. Preheat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan to 375F.
3. As oil preheats, combine buffalo sauce with butter and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small saucepan.
4. Set over low heat and stir occasionally until butter has melted. Keep warm over a low heat.
5. When ready, fry wings in hot oil, working in batches, until deeply golden-brown and crisp, about 10-14 minutes, depending on size.
6. Remove from oil and drain on plates lined with plenty of paper towels. Cover and keep warm with aluminum foil.
7. After all the wings are cooked, add to the buttery hot sauce and toss to coat before serving in bowls