- 18 oz thin egg noodles
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roughly crushed
- 2 scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 small cucumber, cut into thin batons
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly torn
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until just tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain well and refresh in a bowl of cold water. Drain again and toss in a large bowl with 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- Whisk the remaining sesame oil with the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, ginger and garlic in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss well to coat.
- Divide between plates and scatter with the sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Garnish with scallion, cilantro and some cucumber batons on the side.