4 6 oz salmon fillets
1/4 cup flour (gluten free as needed)
1 tablespoon Alessi extra virgin olive oil
Alessi salt & pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup heavy cream*
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
3-4 tablespoons Alessi capers, drained
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley and lemon slices (optional for garnish)
Alessi organic rigatoni
Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
1. Season salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Add flour to a shallow dish; dredge the salmon in the flour to evenly coat. Shake off excess.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and then salmon; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until just cooked to your liking. Peel any skin off of salmon, if needed. Transfer salmon to a warm plate and cover with foil to keep warm; set aside.
3. Add butter to skillet and once melted add garlic and sauté about 20 seconds.
4. Pour in 1 cup chicken broth and let simmer until broth is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together remaining 1/3 cup broth with cornstarch.
5. While whisking pour cornstarch mixture into reduced broth mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
6. Stir in cream and lemon juice. Remove from heat, return salmon to skillet.
7. Spoon sauce over salmon. Serve over Alessi pasta and sprinkle with capers and parsley. Serve immediately.
**Substitute cream with evaporated milk or half and half to reduce calories and fat