- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs, very fresh
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 1/2 cups smoked salmon slices
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 thyme sprigs, chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a steady simmer. Stir in the white wine vinegar.
- Crack the eggs into cups and slide into the simmering water. Simmer for 3 minutes, adjusting the temperature as needed to keep the water at a steady simmer.
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or under a hot grill. Arrange between serving plates and top with the smoked salmon. Squeeze over a little lemon juice.
- Top with the poached eggs, seasoning them with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped thyme before serving.